Sergeant Joseph Platt, Commander
Sergeant Roslyn Jarvis
The Traffic Investigation Bureau is responsible for the enforcement of laws and ordinances relating to traffic and highway safety. Its responsibilities include traffic accident investigation, traffic supervision, traffic education and supervision of the School Crossing Guards.
The commanders of the Traffic Investigation Bureau would like to remind the motoring and pedestrian traffic that the first step of safety as you traverse our roads and highways is consciousness. It is very important that you are aware of what you are doing to avoid accidents and personal injuries.
Tips to Consider as you Travel
- How quickly you can bring your vehicle to a complete stop depends solely on how fast you are going.
- Before moving from a stopped or parked position, it is important to make sure that your intended route is clear.
- Don't drink and drive.
- Make it a priority to buckle up before starting your engine.
- Always pull your vehicle off the road to dial and answer your cellular telephone.
- When in doubt as to who has the right of way, bring your vehicle to a complete stop before proceeding.